A Day of Prep.... FOR AUDITIONS!

It's not like I left it to the last minute. I don't do that. But I did spent a bit of time today making sure that I am ready for auditions tomorrow.  It's always a little hard for me to pick my sides.  Is this the one that will show me what I need to see?  What about this one?  And I only have 1/2 an hour per group of 4 and we have to hear them sing, so I want to make sure I get to see what I need to AND I want to make sure they get to show me want they need to.  I will tell you a not-so-secret secret... I agonize about auditions.  I think because I acted for a long time before I directed I really empathize with the people coming out.  I know that everyone out there wants me to see them, really see them, and find whatever I need in them. I know that everyone coming out really wants to get in the show. I want them all to be terrific, but then I stress about that because I know I can't cast them all.  I usually end up not casting a good dozen people I really, really, really wish I could.  And I don't want to make a mistake.  I don't want to miss out on that fabulous person who just had an off-day on audition day.  It happens.  I've done that.

Anyhow, I have sorted out my sides.  I have thought hard about my improvisation activity (which I will only do if we have time). I have re-read the script who knows how many times.  I think I am ready.  I remain excited and know, deep down, that anything I miss tomorrow I can catch in callbacks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!