Taking a Break from Writing... By Writing...

We are in hour 6 of Play in a Day over at the University of Alberta's Media Room.  The event has been calm and quiet with a break for supper just after 9:00 p.m. and several bathroom breaks and FB checks.  I have been productive.  I am on page 16 of my script and it feels kind of cool to be writing a play I had no ideas about until 6 p.m. this evening. I like what I have and I am feeling tired but also feeling like I could go for a few more hours before trying to take a nap. It is nice to have time to write and even better to have time specifically dedicated to that purpose.

There are 12 of us here writing our plays.  We interact at meals - that's nice.  It's obvious that some people know each other.  I will try to learn a few more names at the next break. I have enough sugar to give a small child diabetes so I am in good shape.  I have only had 4 diet cokes... so far...

Anyhow, I will keep plugging along - who knows, maybe I am writing my next Fringe show?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!