Over halfway there both in time and writing...

At about 4:30 a.m. I laid down for a nap in Corner Stage.  I got a little over 3 hours worth of not super comfortable sleep, and then was woken up for breakfast.  I feel like we are eating a lot.  No one will starve at this 24 Hour Playwrighting Competition! Yay! And that's good, because when you get past the midpoint you need the food breaks to keep you focused.

After a granola bar and orange juice I washed my face and brushed my teeth and returned to the script.  It's getting closer to completion. I am at the doubting myself stage, where I think that all I am writing are cliches, but when I took that playwrighting course with Nobel Prize winner Derek Wolcott, he said something about Chekhov saying something about everything being a cliche so I think I am good there. I mean, Nobel Prize Winner and Chekhov - how can you go wrong?  Besides, this is the vomit draft - just got to get it on the page!

I hope to get the draft completed by 1 p.m. so I can print it off and read it in hard copy and then edit away like a madwoman.  We have until 6 p.m. to finish.  I feel like I am in good shape!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!