A Good End to a Fabulous Adventure...

Nine closed last night to another Sold Out house.  I watched it for the 5th time during the 10 show run (7 times including Previews) more than any other show I have directed outside the ones I also wrote.  I think I could have watched it even more if I had had the time to do so. One of the things which made that possible was the absolute commitment to being present from the entire cast. Last night I held my breath with the rest of the audience and laughed as though I were seeing things for the first time.  It was a wonderful show.

We followed the run with a final performance of A Call From the Vatican which Cory requested because he had never seen it (his preference - he wanted to rely on his imagination through the number during the run). It was great fun to sit next to Cory as he reacted to Erika's brilliant interpretation of the number.  I think what she did was even more than he imagined! It was a wonderful way to see the number through new eyes!

Then we struck the set, cleaned the theatre, partied and said our goodbyes.   I would have stayed later (I finally left at 3:30 a.m.) but I had a family reunion to attend today in Pine Lake! I look forward to working with so many of the cast and team again in the future and if I don't get to do that, I hope to see their work on other stages.  I shall be their loudest cheerleader.

A good ending to one of the best theatre experiences I have ever had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!