Celebrating my Mother, Nancy Strand - 70 Years Young!

This past weekend my mother turned 70 years old.  It is hard to believe it when you look at her, but she is.  She does not seem like a typical 70 year old, at least not what we stereotypically think of when we think of someone that age.  She is active in the community, in our family and in the country overall (she's into politics, to put it lightly).  I hope I inherit those qualities that have kept her so young!

To celebrate this occasion, my siblings and I put on a little party for her.  All the immediate family was there and many of her friends came out to celebrate with us.  We had food aplenty and drinks and photos to share and crafts for the kids.  My mother was delighted and had a wonderful time visiting with her friends and family.  It was a lovely way to spend the day and I was very pleased to see her so happy!

I know many people will say that they have The Best Mom in the world - but I know that I do. I try to emulate her where I can in my own role as mother.  I do not ever think I am as good as she is at it, but I try. She had five children and I know that each one of us believe we are her favorite - she makes us feel that way.  She does the same now with her grandchildren. It is hard to explain what makes her so great as a mom and as a person - once you meet her, you know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!