Dreading the Grey Cup Crazy...

Okay, so tomorrow I am supposed to take both my children to drama class at the Foote Theatre School in the Citadel Theatre. It's not to bad, but I have one in at 9 a.m. and the other at 2 p.m. so we go for one, come home, and go back for the second. However, tomorrow is the Grey Cup Celebration stuff which is being held downtown. We got a couple of calls - one yesterday for Gibson and one today for Oliver about this issue. My response was "Oh $%!t". Because basically the parking will be horrible, AND you can only enter the building via the Foote Theatre doors, AND several streets will be blocked off. I don't know how close I can get. I don't know if I will be walking for 2 blocks, or 3, or 4 or 10 blocks for that matter (with 2 kids in tow). I don't know what it will cost. I don't know how many moronic drivers will be out there on the roads. It will probably be better for Gibson's class at 9 a.m. but Oliver's is at 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. which will be NOT FUN. I also have to get out of there fast afterwards because of what I have going on that evening and that sounds impossible. I have thought about the LRT but then I will lose all sorts of time I do not have and ironically have to drive further just to use it.

So you say: maybe you should just skip this week? That's my first impulse. I hate traffic. I hate crowds. I hate parking challenges. I hate experiencing all those things with kids. When you add all those things up I will no doubt be snapping at the kids (they unfortunately get the worst of my stressful days). However, it is the second last class and because they present something the next week so they are encouraged strongly to be there. I am going to try to do it, but I do not promise fortitude in this if I encounter too much stress. I would feel better if there was some plan from the school to help us with it, but it was really just notice and nothing more than bad news. No plan. Just information. Sucky.

Comments

Finster said…
I survived. But I am not going back for the afternoon class. I cleared it with the teacher and she's cool with that. Took me an hour to get off Jasper Avenue.

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!