Cancellation = Stress Relief

I made a difficult decision this morning. I have been thinking about it for awhile now, and after a few more things piled up I realized that it was time to act. I pulled From Something out of the ADFA Stage Struck! Festival. Back in the summer, when we were on the high of doing the show at Interplay and the Fringe it seemed like the right thing to do, but then when we approached the time the massive conflicts of our schedules made me very worried. It wasn't just the cast, it was me as well. I have a horrible schedule these next two months with Mark in Annie, Tight Rope in New Works, Auditions for From Cradle to Stage and the other things that I have to do for Walterdale (I still have to finish prepping for The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas). Everything seemed to be converging and I was getting worried that we wouldn't be able to do the work we needed and that the actors would be stressed to learn the changes. As it was we only had 4 rehearsals. We needed more time. In addition to all that, my cast has complicated schedules, one is Gertrude in Hamlet, one is in Pirates of Penzance with the Edmonton Opera, one is directing one of the From Cradle to Stage shows, and they are all ill (with a variety of sickness). All the signs said it wasn't going to happen. So I pulled the show. I instantly felt better. I still need to revisit the script because of the changes I made, but that can wait until I have the time for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!