My Dad is 70 (well, almost, we celebrated early...)

This weekend we surprised my Dad with a Dinner party to celebrate his turning 70 (he will be 70 by the end of this week, but we had the dinner on Saturday night). My sister and her husband flew in from Toronto Friday night, my older brother and his clan drove down from Fort McMurray Friday evening, and my youngest brother and his son drove up from North Carolina on Saturday afternoon. Dad was not expecting any of them and I think he was pleasantly surprised. We had a nice family (and some close family friends) dinner on the Saturday evening at Gini's. Sunday morning we rounded off the weekend with a bit of brunch and gathering at Mom and Dad's. It was busy, jam-packed and accomplished the goal of the weekend. My older brother assembled a bit of a slide show for the dinner. He had a computer glitch and could not access any of the photos I sent him (from the last 6 years), but it came together well. We read stories from Dad's sisters and mother and people spontaneously shared stories as the pictures prompted one. It was a fun night.

Now I am tired... Feels like the last 3 weekends have left me longing for Monday. I am, like my father, getting old...

Comments

Annemarie said…
Hey Kris! It was a good weekend. I'm exhausted as well. I kind of just staggered in to work today.

I'm glad we got a bit of chance to chat but I defintely think I have to come back again soon - keep me posted on the Fringe updates; maybe August would be a good time...
Finster said…
Just booked my tickets for the Minnesota trip. Would have been $300 less if I booked last week - oh well! At least it is done now. Gibson is excited about the trip and the idea of an airplane. I hope it all goes well. It will be a long time with just Mom and the boys!

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!