The Next Few Months... The Last 5 years...

I spent a lot of time today working on The Last 5 Years (L5Y). We have set our fist production meeting for this Sunday afternoon. I will likely be a little brain fogged since I will have just come off the 24 Hour Playwriting Competition as part of 10 Days of Madness. I am hoping to actually sleep a bit during the competition so that I am not totally screwed up, and I know that I write fast when I have time and no children distracting me so I also hope to finish early so that I can go home and snooze a bit. In any case, due to the potential for brain-fog I want to have as much as possible on paper as I can. If I am unable to articulate what I need at the meeting, at least my pre-planning notes will speak for me. The big thing for me is scheduling. I need to know my road map. I spent today breaking down Units and then blocking out what I need to get done and estimating time. We are going in to rehearsal with two fairly well-prepared singers who pretty much know the show so that will hopefully save us some learning time. It would likely not be doable if they didn't already know the music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!