It's Official

I am Walterdale Theatre Associates new Artistic Director for the 2009-2011 Seasons. There was an article in the Edmonton Journal with the announcement that called me Karen M. Finlay (a correction was printed today) and the Walterdale January Newsletter announced me, so I have been enjoying the congratulations from well-wishers. I now anxiously await submitted scripts for the season. I will sift and shuffle and try to put together a season that works in many ways since I serve so many masters in this new position. I will also remember to save something good for myself...

I have two more shows for Sky (tonight and tomorrow). We have done 2 very good shows, but to very small audiences (20 the first night and 5 the second night). We have not let the size of the house change our intensity, so that is good. It is just frustrating to put the whole thing together and drive all that way for 5 people... I am a little frustrated with the lack of promotion of the show and I know my director is as well. I hope that we have a bigger house tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!