Parking Lot Rage

Deep Breath....

So I just got back from the bank. The bank is at Westmount Mall which happens to have the stupidest parking lot right now because of the construction. It's tight. I know that. I park further away from the door than I'd like because I need to find a spot with enough room to get Gibson in and out. Fine. I do that. Then, after we are done our business in the Mall we return to find a different car parked on the driver's side (also the side that Gibson goes in) that is parked much closer than the previous vehicle was. The driver and a couple of his friends are standing on the far side of the car smoking and chatting. I unload my groceries into the trunk and open the back door to get Gibson in. It's tight. There is no way I can get him in without my door touching the car. It would have been physically impossible. As it was it was hard to do. I am fuming because this happens all the time and it is my number one pet peeve. Once I couldn't even open my door more than an inch and I had to put Gibson in Ollie's seat (not the right kind for his age), climb over the console to get into the driver's seat (not pretty when you are my size) and drive to another parking stall so I could get Gib in the right seat. THEN, the guy comes over and says "Can you stop touching my car with your door, Ma'am?" WTF! I lost it and shrieked "I HAVE TO GET MY KID IN!". He sensed my potential for totally losing it and backed off. I buckled up Gibson and then slammed the car door and yelled at him. "YOU PARKED AFTER ME! NEXT TIME DON'T WEDGE THE DRIVER NEXT TO YOU IN!" And then I got in my car and slammed the door and drove off fuming, probably an unsafe driver for about 30 seconds as I fumed.

I am not proud... but part of me really wanted to slap him and then call up his mother and slap her for raising an idiot...

Comments

Andrew Clarke said…
Your experience in the car park is a common one, unfortunately. I've had the same problem - some one parks awkwardly and then complains if you touch their car. The driver, if just standing their shooting the breeze, could have offered to move! But could I just notify you: I left a post on your blog site "What I am reading."

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!