Bad News - My Beloved...

I heard on the radio the other morning that Diet Soft Drinks are bad for your metabolism. Apparently the sweet taste triggers the body to expect a calorie surge, which should produce an increase in metabolism, however, when the calorie surge doesn't happen the body gets confused. Habitual consumption makes the body expect NO SURGE in calories so metabolism does not rise. This screws you up with other sweet foods that actually might have calories.

What will I do? My diet coke habit is pretty severe. Here is the plan --> After the current "in-house" supply is depleted I am not going to buy any more for the house. I may still drink it at restaurants, but the in-house amount I consume is huge so this shall be first step. I am going to be so cranky and I can anticipate the headaches. I guess it will be water for me and grouchy for everyone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!