Weigh In Wonderful!

Today I had a great weigh in. I hit two milestones simultaneously. I got my 25 lb token and my 10% key chain. I lost 5.2 lbs this week - thanks tonsillitis!

Now if only we had a good facilitator! I am sick of this leader who obviously has never been "fat" in her life (her lifetime loss was 12 lbs so maybe she wore a size 6 once). She says things that suggest that "fat" people are somehow not as good as "slim" people. I always feel like she is one of those people who judges people based on how they look. She was going on about how in some families everyone is fat and how people blamed genetics but that studies have shown that genetics have nothing to do with it and anyone could be slim if they just worked at it - suggesting that fat people don't do as much work in their life as slim people. It's a lot harder to lose it than it is to gain it and although I do believe that everyone can lose weight if they do certain things, it is also way harder for those who have a more severe weight problem. Inertia is a terrible thing to overcome. I am not worried about me - but her message is somewhat destructive in my mind. I don't even think she gets it. She should be a cheerleader with good suggestions and no judgement, but she certainly doesn't come across that way. I have had too many of these facilitators who have never really struggled with weight. How can they understand someone who comes in with a real weight issues? I don't think they can.

Comments

Magnolia said…
Congrats you wonderful, inspiring, chickie, you!
Saw our Miss Shelby this weekend, and it was so cute, she has cut her hair almost the same length as the wig, but with some bangs.
Annemarie said…
Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!