Old Friends

Last night I went to dinner with one of my best friends. We actually don't talk/email very much, but I used to work with her and see her every day. I love how it is with old friends. You can pick up at a moments notice and it's great. I also love that neither of us feels guilty for the lack of communication in the interim. There is no blame on either side and that is great. I think we both understand the "busy-ness" of life and just accept it. Now, don't get me wrong, I think it takes work to maintain those friendships. It would be easy to just let things slip away, but why not take the time when you can.

When I moved to Edmonton from Fort McMurray the thing that stressed me the most was leaving my friends. However, I have managed to keep contact. E-mail is great for that, and people who know me know that I am not adverse to writing a snail mail and sticking a stamp on an envelope. Actually it is harder to get me on the phone because of the chaos of children. I think because I measure the richness of my life in people, not money, I have tried to make those human connections last.

It was a nice dinner and it was so good to see her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!